Thursday, March 27, 2008

Celebrating a Birthday

Three of us from my bible study got together to celebrate one of our member's birthday. It was a nice dinner - - but embarrassingly, I was short cash. ARGH! This always happens to me!!! I think I'm prepared and whamo, I'm not. Our birthday girl is in camo - -she's an Air Force Major and just works really hard so we were happy to be able to celebrate with her.

Now, if you are in the Washington, DC area, you have to try out the local restaurant chain, Lebanese Taverna. I'll have to write up a review. They are wonderful! We got hummus and flat bread as an appetizer - - it was so good it just melted in my mouth - - bread and hummus. They also served herbs in olive oil with the bread - - whatever was in that mixture - - it was great. I think we all could have just sat there and eaten bread all evening. I got the mixed grill - - lamb and chicken. It was so good! And our waiter was really cool. He remembered us mentioning we were waiting for the birthday girl -- at the end of our meal he brought out baklava with a candle. We were all surprised. Our birthday girl commented, "Wow, you guys did good keeping that a surprise." I said we did good because we didn't ask for it. But we sang for her and people around us clapped. We ate at the Tyson's Galleria location. Great atmosphere. I have also eaten at the Pentagon Row location. It was difficult to pick something to eat because everything on the menu looked good.

No comments: