Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We have a Parking Lot

DSCN7913

The parking lot for the Semper Fi Memorial Park Chapel is in its final stages in mid September (above). Its so exciting to see it at this stage because that means construction on the Chapel will begin soon!

Below this same stretch of parking log in August, 2008.

DSCN7875

The same stretch of parking lot in July, 2008.

DSC_0018

Below, I am standing across the "Parkway", the road to the Chapel. In front of me are the walls that surround the parking lot. The mound to the center left, where you can see the museum in the background, is where the Chapel is going to be built. When construction starts on the Chapel, I will try to take a picture from this spot almost every month to show the progress.

DSCN7921

Below, the artists rendering of what the Chapel will look like. The plan is for this to be completed by next spring.

DSCN7056

1 comment:

Ed Gregory said...

Found your blog researching the Beirut bombing. I've added you to my list of blogs to read, particularly to keep up on the National Museum of the Marine Corps--thanks for your work! See my blog at thecolonelscorner.blogspot.com