Saturday, February 14, 2009

To A Special Kind of Parent

To the parents of Jordan Haerter, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish your visit to the museum were under totally different circumstances. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I have been thinking about how to respond or if I should. My wish is that I am able to tell your son's story and the stories of other Marines and do them justice. I believe every person has a story and their stories should be told. I'll admit, I have to swallow back the emotion all the time.

Please also, extend my sympathy to Nicole ( I read through your lovely memorial website to Jordan) girlfriends are so often forgotten or not even acknowledged. I've dated a few Marines and I can't imagine her heartbreak.

The ceremony on Friday should be very nice. I wish I could be there. Hope you get the opportunity to take a tour around the museum. Its a beautiful place.

You know, it takes a special kind of person to put their life on the line for others. Your son was one of those special people. It takes special parents to raise a child up to be that way. Sounds like he had you and some wonderful grandparents. Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do for the Marine Corps and veterans.

Semper Fi!

2 comments:

Miss Em said...

Call the Museum and ask the person on the desk if anyone there can take pic's for you. So you can have a visual record of this most auspicious event for two of the most deserving Marines who stood their ground in the face of death as the protectors of their
'Brothers'.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

RangersGirl said...

Someone from the museum will be there taking pictures to record the event. I just won't have any of those pictures to share with you.