Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Her Price is Much Higher Than Jewels - - The Proverbs 31 Woman

Photobucket

This week in our study of the P31 Woman, we looked at her value.

Some translations also say "Her worth is far above rubies" or pearls or corals.

A point that one of my friends made was that rubies blend in with the dirt and you actually have to be looking for them to find them. If you aren't looking for a ruby, you just toss it aside because you think its just like all the other stones in the dirt.

So - - some men could actually have a treasure in their grasp, but because they aren't looking for it, they toss it.

I didn't know that only 20 pearls are found per 35,000 pearl oysters and of that, only 3 are gem quality. WOW!

But the light bulb moment for me in this chapter came when Ms. George was describing a visit she made to a museum in Israel. She was looking for all the treasures. But all the museum had was mundane clay pots and vases. Bland, everyday items, items that related to work, war and loss. She asked where all the 'treasures' were. She was told that the treasures were carried away by ancient conquerors. She realized then that the P31 Woman WAS the sparkling jewel in her husband's life.

As a single woman, I am suppose to be the 'sparkle' in the lives of the people around me. I think I am far from that. I know a couple women who really exemplify the 'sparkle' in the lives of people around them. These women are always upbeat, even when things aren't up beat - - like when we have to work until 3 a.m. I think I need to work on being more 'sparkly', more positive and up beat. So often I just sit in my cube, put the blinders on, just work and I'm blah.

That can then cross over to dating. I mean, who wants to go out with someone who is just blah. I know I want to hang out with people that pick me up and energize me - - well, I need to be that for other people also.

No comments: