Thursday, November 5, 2009

Premonitions

This morning, I shot past the first exit I take to get to work. I turned around, missed the next exit I needed to take. Finally got on the toll road. Then I missed the exit I take to get off the toll road.

It was the most bizarre thing. Something that hasn't happened to me since September 11, 2001.

I met one of my co-workers in the parking lot, she was also arriving late and I told her how unsettled I felt and all the exits I had missed and the last time this had happened to me. Her response, "Jeez, I hope nothing like that happens today."

Today, as I left work I heard about the shootings at Ft. Hood.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's amazing, that you felt, even subliminally, that something was not quite right.

Those shootings today are unexplainable. Ft. Hood has had a lot of incidents over the last few years, but this is just senseless. It's scary that military members can't even feel safe on post anymore.

My heart goes out to those whose lives were changed today.