Thursday, February 7, 2008

America's Marine Tour Stops At Quantico

The Marine Corps recently released its new recruiting commercial. It gives me chills.







The Silent Drill team was filmed throughout the United States to provide footage for the commercial. In addition to The Commercial, they captured 15 separate 'programs' at the locations they visited. On November 9, 2007, they filmed at the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Unfortunately, that was a day I couldn't be there, due to other duties. I always miss all this cool stuff.

Here is the film - - I'm so lucky to work at a cool place like this.








The Marine that talks about the cast figure that he 'posed' for... this is his "likeness" peering around a wall in the Hue City display in the Vietnam gallery.

I think this is the most life like of all the figures. By this, I mean, this figure looks most like the actual man they took a plaster cast of. Hmmm, I think I feel a blog coming on regarding how the figures were made - - yes, I have pictures. Stay tuned!


Back to the America's Marine Tour, you can visit the "Tour Site" and catch film from the other location shoots. They even have a 'blog', so be sure to check that out for stories behind their travels and photos.




No comments: