Saturday, July 18, 2009

And That's The Way It Is....

I just finished reading and watching the tributes to Walter Cronkite, who died last night at the age of 92.

What a full life he led and how blessed to have had the opportunity to have met the people he met, go the places he went and relay the events he did to the American people.

I found myself getting choked up watching his broadcast of Kennedy's assassination and again as they reported the Apollo 11 moon landing. It was funny that they "missed" Armstrong's famous qoute, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind". I chuckled as the anchors asked each other, "What did he say? I caught the first part but not the second phrase." Its amazing how, when things are happening, you don't realize what, exactly, is going to be historically significant.

What a full life... and that's the way it was.

No comments: