Thursday, September 18, 2008

All is Safe and Sound, As of Tuesday

Once again I worked a really long day - - at least work picked up my dinner tab. I am so tired. Been tired all day. Not sleeping well with this software implementation. As seems to be the case, we had to do something at the last minute - - like we found out at 3 p.m. and were told it was going to happen if we were ready or not so we'd better be ready at 6 p.m. Good grief! My developer I work with, Scotty, he's great! He can just make things work. My brain hurts though.

I did get an e-mail from Major A regarding my Tuesday Thoughts e-mail I sent him. Now, Tuesday when I sent the e-mail I hadn't seen the IED story so my e-mail was just the typical - - hey been thinking about you a lot today and this is what is going on here - - kind of e-mail. Now, I don't expect him to respond as I know he's busy and has other things to do. But he sent me a quick line, so I'll share:

Thanks, and I appreciate your care packages...well thought out and useful. I'm finally able to get some traction here and get a rhythm, maybe even catch up on the news. It's been relatively quiet out here guess most of the bad guys are too worn out from Ramadan!

Needless to say, I responded back with a "Thank - you for sending me this e-mail and told him about the IED story I had read Wednesday morning and I'd worried that the reason I had been thinking about him was kind of a woman's intuition thing and he was some how connected to that IED story.

I'm sure he thinks I'm a worry wart nut now. Ahhh well.

No comments: